Here’s a suggested 14-day tour itinerary for Laos, staying at guest houses:
Day 1-3: Luang Prabang
– Arrive in Luang Prabang, a UNESCO World Heritage site known for its historic temples, stunning waterfalls, and vibrant night market.
– Explore the city’s highlights, such as the Royal Palace Museum, Wat Xieng Thong temple, and climb up Mount Phousi for a panoramic view.
– Take a day trip to the Kuang Si Waterfalls, a series of beautiful cascades with turquoise pools.
Day 4-6: Vang Vieng
– Head to Vang Vieng, a scenic town surrounded by limestone cliffs and the Nam Song River.
– Explore the stunning countryside, rent a bicycle, or go kayaking/kayaking on the river.
– Visit the Tham Chang Cave and Blue Lagoon for swimming and exploring.
Day 7-9: Vientiane
– Travel to Vientiane, the capital city, known for its French colonial architecture and Buddhist temples.
– Visit popular landmarks like That Luang Stupa, Patuxai Victory Monument, and the serene Wat Si Saket.
– Take a relaxing sunset stroll along the Mekong River.
Day 10-12: Plain of Jars
– Journey to the mysterious Plain of Jars in Xieng Khouang Province.
– Explore the ancient stone jars scattered across the plains and learn about their enigmatic history.
– Visit local villages, trek through the countryside, and gain insights into the Hmong and Khmu cultures.
Day 13-14: Pakse and the Bolaven Plateau
– Fly to Pakse in southern Laos and head to the scenic Bolaven Plateau.
– Discover the region’s coffee plantations, stunning waterfalls like Tad Lo and Tad Yuang, and experience the rural charm of the area.
– Learn about traditional coffee production, interact with locals, and relax amidst the serene landscapes.
Remember, these are just suggestions, and you can customize the itinerary according to your preferences. Make sure to book accommodations in guest houses in advance to secure your stay. Enjoy your trip to Laos!